Monday, May 25, 2009

Convenience is a necessity when it comes to being a mother

When I bought my first stroller, there were only a few things that I was set on. It had to be lightweight because there was no way, I would lug a 40 pounder, in and out of a car, up 25 flights of stairs, and back down. I wasn't going to kill myself, end up with a herniated disc, and simply put myself through hell. Another thing I also looked at was how easy it would fold. I've seen parents, more times than less, detaching, attaching, reattaching, different components of their strollers. It just looked tedious, tiring, and frustrating. I wasn't going to have the patience to go through that. The last and most important factor would be safety. I didn't want to be going down the block, only to see parts coming off, or our child rolling down a hill. It would be every parents' nightmare, and I've heard some really bad horror stories. If the stroller met those three criterias, it would be sold.

I was lucky enough to find a stroller, that met all those criterias. It was lightweight, super easy to fold, and really safe. You would think I would be the happiest stroller consumer on the market. However, as I used it more and more, it lacked in a lot of features that would make my daily to daily events, a lot easier. First, it did not have a cup holder. I never thought a cup holder, or any holder of that matter, would be of importance. I wasn't a coffee drinker, nor did I feel the necessity to have one. As time passed, I noticed that it became a hassle to bend down, open up my bag, pull out my daughter's sippy cup and then give her a drink. Wait a couple minutes, then retrieve the sippy cup back from her, put it back in the bag, and then bend back down to insert it, in the bin underneath. It was time consuming and just tiring. I cringe thinking about it.
Another feature, that it missed, was a good storage area. Of course, the stroller being light, I don't see how a storage area would make sense, especially since it would contribute to the weight of it. However, my diaper bag would just hang, draped over the stroller, in an unsecured manner. I've had problems where the entire stroller flipped backwards from the weight of the diaper bag. I began to do some research, and found that a lot of the diaper bag companies were offering stroller attachements, to their diaper bags. Of course, this sounded great, and I loved that new concepts and ideas were coming out to improve the lives of mothers, fathers, and caregivers. However, when I saw the attachments, they did not look sturdy or durable. Of course, they looked chic and cute on a stroller, but I wanted something that looked strong. It comes down to preference.

If I had those two things, it would make my life a lot easier, and strain free. I looked for cupholders and diaper bag holders, both online and at stores. I came across the plastic cup holders, that looked nice, but looked like they would crack or break, only in a matter of time. And the diaper bag holders, came in different shapes, sizes, and materials, but all looked either too weak or too bulky. I wanted something sturdy, multifunctional, and easy to manuever. I came across, Think King. The name was very clever in itself. I had to see what it had to offer, and if it would indeed, make my life a lot easier.

They offer the soft buggy cup and the mighty buggy hook. When a company offers two items, as their line of products, it says a lot. To me, it tells me that they really thought about the necessity of these two products, from usability to functionality. They probably are parents themselves or know of people who went through the same frustrations as myself, and came up with a product, that would take away those frustrations.

The soft buggy cup, acts as a cup holder and an "everything pocket," that fits most strollers. So it's pretty much an all in one holder, that can hold everything from your drink, to your diaper wipes. Not only that, it works on scooters, bicycles, wheelchairs, and beds. Wow! You can attach and detach with a simple velcro strap, so no more twisting and turning of a plastic cup holder. It's super sturdy, keeps contents in place with a drawstring closure, and the soft material flattens when the stroller folds. It's a no nonsense cup holder, that has all the bells and whistles, without the added bulk and the complicated instructionals. I love that it is multi-functional, easy to use, and is very sturdy. Everything I was looking for and more.

The mighty hook is the answer to my diaper bag hanging issues. I no longer have to loosely drape my bag over the stroller, knowing that it could fall without a moment's notice. It is made of a sturdy lightweight aluminum hook that will not break. Also, it can be used to hook on everything and anything you want to hang from a stroller. I hooked on my purse, my keys, and my daughter's lunch bag. They have a deep U shape which accomodates extra wide purse/bag handles, and the short hook, holds the bags close to the stroller (definitely a plus, if you live in a major city). Plus, the rubbery straps keep it from sliding around. Similar to the buggy cup, the hook is easy to attach with a velcro strap. I love that it's functional, durable, and easy to use.

Both products were used with the parent/caregiver in mind. Definitely, it's a great addition to my line of products I have at home, and will definitely make my life a lot easier and manageable. I loved that just the other day, I was able to attach the soft buggy holder onto my daughter's bicycle. We were able to put her SIGG water bottle and crackers in there. As she was riding her bike, she was able to pull out her water, when she needed a sip, and ate her crackers when she wanted to. There was no more of, riding around, then coming back to me, drink some water, and then riding back. She was able to be independent of me, and I was able to watch her without having to constantly open and close my bag. It definitely saved a lot of time and energy for both of us. If you are a no nonsense parent, who wants a no nonsense product, please visit Think King at http://www.think-king.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment