Monday, July 6, 2009

Body Butter does a Momma's Body, Oh so Good!

I love body care products that make you feel special and loved. For me, my body is my temple. That being said, I like to nourish, embrace, and baby my body. When I came across, Earth Mama Angel Baby, I had to see what they were about. Especially their trademark, "Gift from the earth for your gift from heaven." I mean just reading that makes me melt and want to take an extra glance at my belly and smile. A name says a lot about what the company is about and clearly when reading their name, all I felt was warmth, love, and happiness.

When I came across Earth Mama Angel Baby, I had to try out their products. Primarily because they fit my description in what I look for in a skincare. Even if I like the name, if the product is full of toxicity, chemicals, and anything bad, I'll turn my nose up and look the other way. Sometimes you just have to be stuck up when it comes to you and your body. When you are pregnant, you are making decisions on behalf of your unborn, so there is nothing wrong with being super picky, super paranoid, and super super-mommy. I don't like to put on lotions, potions, or concoctions that have ingredients on the label where I am like, umm...dictionary please?

I wanted to try out the Earth Mama Body Butter because it looked like a good overall pregnancy lotion. The label says, "Herbal Shea Butter Lotion for Expectant Bellies, Breasts, and Way Beyond." The body butter combines organic calendula and organic chamomile with essential oils in a shea butter body lotion. It works with your growing belly and encourages the belly's natural elasticity. I love that it will not aggravate morning sickness and it's the purest lotion for your pregnancy stretch marks, made with 95% organic ingredients. On top of that, it's completely vegan, cruelty-free, and toxin free. Can you top that?

At first, when I saw the words "Body Butter," I was a little afraid because for some reason my brain associates body butter with greasy, thick, oily, slab of lotion. Don't ask me why. After my shower, I pumped the Earth Mama Body Butter on to the palm of my hands and started to rub it on my belly. Let me tell you, the Body Butter was creamy, non-oily, and went on like smooth butta! I thought it would be super thick, but it was more creamy than thick, and had such a airy consistency on top of it. My belly did not feel greasy or stuffy. It felt more refreshed and enlivened. I read the ingredients on the label, and there was nothing in it where I had to refer to a medical dictionary. It's just heaven in a bottle and you can quote me on that. I loved it so much, I went to Whole Foods and bought 2 more bottles.

I also wanted to try something else in their line, which happened to be the Breastfeeding Support Kit. Since I am going to breastfeed this would be super essential to my breastfeeding ritual. The Breastfeeding Support Kit has four of their best all-natural necessities for the breastfeeding mother. The Milkmaid Tea is USDA certified, 100% organic, Certified Kosher, and helps support healthy breast milk production. The Natural Nipple Cream is lanolin-free and helps prevent sore, cracked nipples. The Booby Tubes are gel-free breast packs that help ease sore breasts, and the Bosom Buddies, an herbal breast compress to help ease with engorgement or mastitis. Now that's taking caring of me, so that I can take care of my baby! You just have to constantly refer back to their name, Earth Mama Angel Baby. Their products really stand by their name.


For more information on Earth Mama Angel Baby please visit them at: http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I saw this somewhere and wasn't sure to buy it because it was a little more money than what I wanted to spend, but it seems like its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using body butter is such a luxurious activity! And like you said, perfect for mums after a long day!

    ReplyDelete