Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Fourth of July Weekend!

My weekend was mostly spent at home resting as well as trips to Labor & Delivery. On Saturday, it seemed as though my water broke, but I wasn't one hundred percent because it was more like a leakage rather than a gush. With my first, I definitely knew my water broke because it was a super gush, like a huge waterfall.

On Saturday, everytime I stood up from using the restroom, I would have a leakage. I wasn't sure if it was urine or if it was amniotic fluid. I monitored it for an hour and it kept consistently happening, so I decided to call my midwife. I called and waited for about another hour and did not hear back. So i decided to go into L & D to make sure everything was fine and it was not a ruptured sac.

I went in that evening and they did a test on me. The strip test came out to be positive, but the other two tests came out negative. They said in order for it be a positive that my sac ruptured was if 2 out of the 3 tests came out positive. I only had one positive, which meant it was negative. They did an ultrasound on me to see the fluid level. The first time around, it came out 7, which is borderline low, and the second time it came out 9, which is really good. They had me walk around for about 15 minutes with a pad, to test the leakage on the pad. After that was done, they sent me back home and told me to come back within 24 hours.

Today, which is Sunday, we went back to L & D to check on fluid level, as well as do another test to make sure there was no amniotic leakage. The fluid level was at a nine, and the test came out negative. So everything checked out fine. I am super relieved and expect to deliver soon. I just hope that I don't have to go back to L & D until I actually deliver . They say that this Tuesday is a full moon, so I guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment