Saturday, April 11, 2009

An alternative to Ziplocks?

When my daughter started pre-school, I walked over to Rite-Aid and purchased some ziplock bags. After a week of using these ziplock bags, I felt that it was just a waste and I was contributing to our world's landfills. I always try to be eco-conscious and do my part in keeping our world as clean as possible. My daughter's lunchbag is reusable, her SIGG water bottle is reusable, but putting her sandwich in a ziplock bag, defied the whole purpose. So again, I went on a mission to find a reusable alternative to ziplock bags, and came up with snackTAXI.

SnackTAXI, originally "happy-sacks" started when a mother realized that after packing 500 lunches every year, between her three children, the plastic ziplock bags were just flowing from her house to the landfill. She then came up with what's now called snackTAXIs. They can be used to put sandwiches, cookies, fruits, veggies, you name it, it does the job. I will no longer have the guilt of putting another ziplock bag in my daughter's lunch bag.

Another great thing about snackTAXI is that it's all made in their home-based workshop by local sewers. What a great way to contribute to the local economy. When companies contribute to the local community, it says a lot about the company's integrity, their values, and their core foundation.

I put the snackTAXI to the test, and my daughter loved it. She said it was like opening up a birthday card or a present. It's not only functional but gives another whimsical layer to a child's meal. When I put her PB&J sandwich in the plastic ziplock, it came back unopened and uneaten. When I put her PB&J sandwich in the snackTAXI, it came back empty. I am ecstatic!

You can wash them in the washing machine, but its best to wash with hands and dry by air (just like our hair). It comes in three sizes: the snack-sacks, the sandwich sacks, and the lunch sacks. It's made of 100% cotton and has very cute patterns that meet every taste. Prices are $6.95, $8.95, and $15.95. It will save you money and your world, in the long run. Please visit their site and support their business: www.snacktaxi.com.

5 comments:

  1. this is really great? How does the material look on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it also looks like a space saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The website has really cute prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Idea! Great product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this is not expensive,plus a great idea

    ReplyDelete