Friday, April 24, 2009

Why spread germs when you don't have to?

I'm the first to say, when I see a child at my daughter's school or a random kid at the mall, sneezing and coughing, I am ready to run the other way. When our children gets sick, we know the consequences of it, and what it does to our child and ourselves. So I went online to find a product that would take place of a tissue or aspirator, and be sanitary, as well as child-user friendly.

I came up with Germy Wormy! An idea, I didn't even know existed, until I came onto their site. Germy Wormys are disposable sanitary sleeves that you put over your child's elbow. When your child has to cough or sneeze, they can do that right into their Germy Wormy. It's a wonderful way in educating your child, in the prevention of spreading germs, as well as catching germs. The recommended age is between 2-7 years old. You can use the Germy Wormy, both at home and at schools.

You can definitely tell that this product was Mom Invented. It came with a DVD that educates the children through puppetry, of how germs are spread, and how to use the Germy Wormy. It was very creative and educational. My daughter loved it.

After we saw the DVD, we put the Germy Wormy on my daughter's elbow and had her mimic coughing and sneezing, into the sleeves. She had no issues of putting it on and she actually enjoyed herself. When it comes time and she catches a cold, I will not have to go through the grueling process of chasing her around the entire house, with a box of kleenex, or trying to hold her down, as we stick a nasal aspirator, up her nose. It gives her the freedom to run about and when need be, cough or sneeze into the sleeves. Please visit them at: www.germywormy.com and take the first step in the prevention of spreading germs.

2 comments:

  1. We totally need this with 4 kids, everyone sneezes and coughs into each other. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete