Sunday, April 19, 2009

A one-stop lunchbox that has it all

Have you heard of the OOTS! lunchbox? I must admit, when I first saw the pictures online, I thought to myself, it's an upscale version of a bento box. I also thought that it would be way too heavy for my 3 year old toddler. Those were my initial thoughts of how the OOTS! lunchbox looked online. However, it was BPA-free and phthalate-free polypropylene and safety tested for lead. As a parent, moreso than looks, these are definitely important factors for choosing the right lunchbox.

When I had the real OOTS! lunchbox in front of me, I was very impressed with the look of it. It was very contemporary chic and I loved the color combo. Plus, it was pretty light to carry, my daughter had no problems. I told my husband that our daughter will be the most stylin kid in her preschool with a lunchbox like that. It was not only stylish, but once you opened the lunchbox, it was truely functional. It had 4 small and 1 large container, all stacked from the bottom up. I liked the fact that the lunchbox was upright, which prevents food from moving around. Another added on bonus was that the lid of the box holds a bottle in place, under an elastic strap (how cool is that?). You can definitely tell that a lot of planning went into this lunchbox to make it look chic, as well as fully functional.

Of course, I had to put the lunchbox to the test. The first day, my daughter took her lunch in her new OOTS! lunchbox. The two smaller containers contained blueberries and strawberries, while the other two smaller containers contained carrots and sweet potatoes. The larger container contained her pb&j sandwich. On top, she had her SIGG water bottle held in place by the elastic strap that says, "Lunchbox," on it. After driving 6 miles to her preschool and taking some sharp turns, we arrived at her school. I opened the lunchbox, and wallah, a perfectly put lunch, with no indication of any movement. Now as a parent, that makes me smile.

The second day, I took the OOTS! lunchbox to the park. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant, so sometimes it's really hard to make sure I am taking in all the nutrients I need, on a daily basis. Well, this lunchbox made it easier for me because I could pack a well balanced meal by having the different containers there. I was able to get 1/2 of my daily veggie, protein, and grain servings, as well as my full daily servings for fruit. Plus, another mommy at the park came up to me, and told me that my lunchbox was really cute. Woman to Woman, girl to girl, when someone compliments your stuff like that, you know its really nice. Of course, I was smiling from cheek to cheek.

The lunchbox and the containers are dishwasher safe (top rack) and the containers can be used in the microwave. OOTS! lunchboxes are the start of a new wave in the lunchbox industry. Not only do they look very stylish, they are fully functional, and very safe for you and your children (BPA-free, phthalate-free, and safety tested for lead). The Lunchbox comes in three different color combos: Blue, Green and Orange. They are sold with or without the containers. The price tag on these are $35 without the containers or $45 with the containers (Deluxe Version). Please visit them at www.madebyoots.com.

5 comments:

  1. great, detailed review. The lunchboxes look like a modern art piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot better than the tin looking lunchboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to their site, and loved everything. I like their bib, different. Can you review that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see what I can do. I also thought that it was great idea!

    ReplyDelete