Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Little "Not So Baby" is in Preschool!

Up until this day, I had my own separation anxiety going on. I couldn't sleep last night. I was twisting and turning all night long, thinking about all the scenarios that could go on during her first day. By the time it hit 7 am, I woke up and prepared everything. As I was cutting up her sandwich, I stood there thinking about when I went to school, and what feelings I had on my first day (of course, it was way back when). The whole process seemed so long and so scary!

Finally, we got to her school. The teachers were all ready for us. They smiled, showed us her cubby, and introduced us to all the other children there. They were starting breakfast. The teacher asked her if she would like some and she said yes. She sat there staring at all the other children, still unsure if she wanted to stay or leave. After a couple spoonfuls of cereal, she looked at me and gave me the signal. I asked her if I could leave, and she nodded her head and said yes. At that moment, it was like my baby was transitioning into a big girl. I hesitantly walked out and looked behind me. She sat there eating her breakfast and it was like I wasn't even there.

As I was leaving, I just had to smile. Smile at the fact that I was strong enough to leave, and smile at the fact that my baby was now blossoming into a little girl. That moment felt so magical.

1 comment:

  1. I cried harder than my son, actually he didnt cry, and I did. :-(

    ReplyDelete