Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend and I am smiling!

Today, I prepared some snacks and goodies for a local homeless person in my neighborhood. When it comes holiday time, I always try to give something to the homeless, whether its food, a card, a book, a meal at a restaurant, or just some inspiration.

I went outside in my neighborhood, with my daughter, and we carried around a huge bag looking for a homeless person. I saw a gentleman who was sitting on the side of CVS and he clearly had both legs in a cast and a huge black garbage bag next to him. He just had such a clear spirit about him. I went up to him and asked him if he would like some snacks for the day, and he nodded his head. I gave him the bag and he said, "You're giving me this whole bag?", and I said "Yes, it's all for you."

As I was walking away, he just continued to stare at me in awe, and I could feel his appreciation for what was given to him. When he opens the bag, he will see a card that has a flower on it, with the message, "Happiness should belong to you always"-Adele Basheer. I wrote in there, "Happy Easter! May your days get brighter and brighter. God loves you. Keep Strong and have faith."

It just puts a smile on my face that I could put that same smile on another person's face. I know my daughter really didn't know what was going on, but she could sense that we were doing something good and making someone happy.

3 comments:

  1. i gotta go out and do some good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindness can be inherited. I got it from watching my mom help others when possible, and I hope my kids of gotten it from me.

    ReplyDelete