Monday, April 13, 2009

In honor of Earth Month, another green discovery!

While I was on a mission to find resusable ziplock bags, I also found another innovative green alternative. They are called Lunch Skins and are made by a company appropriately named 3 green moms. Just as the name states, they are a mommy start up company that was started by three mommas. They wanted an alternative to ziplock bags that were reusable, durable, washable, and fun for the kids. They wanted to waste less and save more.

I put the Lunch Skins to the test with my daughters lunch today. I was able to write in her name, which I loved because the bag could be identified, and a decent sized sandwich slipped right on in. The apple green color not only made it feel green, it made the food seem fresher, and lively. My daughter also liked that it had a velcro top which made it secure and at the same time, easy to open.

I am so excited that there are more and more mommy start-up companies that are green and taking care of our community and our world. Please go and check out: www.3greenmoms.com.
Note: They donate 1% of their online sales profits to the C&O Canal Trust, an organization formed to protect and restore the the historic C&O Canal near the nation's capital, a trash-free National Park.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the green alternatives. My son's school started recycling and I noticed they even have fundraisers, I will definitely look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Great idea and thanks for getting the word out!

    ReplyDelete