Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do I look like an alien?

Okay, so I wanted to share with you my little interesting story this morning. First, a little background. With my first child, I did not show until probably my last month, and it was barely a bloated tummy. When I went into deliver my full term baby, everyone was shocked, and asked me if I was going into pre-term labor. With my second pregnancy, I am currently 7 months along, but most people either don't see it, or they say I look about 3 months. I try to wear form fitting clothes because it feels nice to look pregnant for once. It's nice to using the expecting moms parking spot at the mall, without getting a dirty look, and it's nice to walk across a street without someone trying to run me over. There are so many perks and benefits to being pregnant.

Well, today I had a craving for some bagels. So I went into my favorite bagel shop to get my 1/2 dozen bagels to take home. As I finished ordering my bagels, I noticed this gentleman starting at me. I just ignored him, but I could tell from my peripheral vision that he was still looking at me. I'm one of those girls, if I get annoyed with something, I make it a point to address the person. So I looked at him dead in his eyes, but his eyes was looking somewhere else. It was my tummy. I'm going to be honest, a middle-aged man looking at my tummy, I immediately gave him the title of, "perverted male with a bump fetish." I mean, I didn't know what else to think. So I stood and waited for my bagels. From the corner of my eye, I could still tell that he was staring at me. By this time, I was severely annoyed.

I looked at the lady next to me, and she was staring at my tummy. I was like, wow, my tummy is sure making an impact today. So of course, I looked down at my tummy. I started to laugh. My baby was moving around, kicking, rotating, and you can see all that through my fitted shirt. I am pretty tiny, so visually, you can see the baby move and kick. They were all looking at my tummy in fascination. Sometimes I do feel like an alien because it looks like a hand might come out of my tummy, at any second. I walked out of the shop, just laughing because what was odd and fascinating to them, was ever-so normal to me.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you are talking about. When I was pregnant with my son, that was the talk of every family dinner. They could see my son jabbing and kicking out of my shirt.

    ReplyDelete