Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A very long Week--------end

Hope everyone had a delightful Memorial Day Weekend! Mine was not even close to being delightful. My whole family was sick. Remember my post from last week about going to the ER for my daughter? Well on top of her UTI, she caught a virus when she went into the ER. Needless to say, she has been a miserable camper. I was super excited that my husband was coming back from overseas because I missed him, but I thought he could help out around the house, especially with my daughter. Negative. He came back home with bad jet-lag, but he also caught the flu on the plane. Of course, I had to look up at the ceiling and say, "why me?"

Of course the mini-vacation I had planned over the weekend, never happened, and I was stuck home all last week and during the weekend, taking care of my daughter, my husband, and the household. At this time, any sort of help, sounds really appealing. I feel like I'm out in the mountains, all by myself. After having to carry my daughter around, and catering to my husband's needs all week and weekend long, guess what happened? I woke up with dry throat, a cold, sniffles, and bad lower back pain. Being pregnant, I can't really take anything, so now on top of taking care of everyone and everything, I have to deal with myself. Sometimes, I wonder how we do it all. Then, I think to myself, mothers are powerhouses.

We do it all, regardless of the situation, environment, etc. We make things happen and we don't go down without a fight. I had very honest moments with myself all last week, dealing with the current situation that I am in. At times I felt so helpless, weak, defeated, sad, onset of depression happening, physically exhausted, emotionally drained, and other times, I felt empowered, strong-willed, a true warrior. All in all, I feel like an overworked She-Rah with a purpose. I will be happy once the whole family gets back to normal, as well as myself. Hopefully, no one had to go through what I had to go through, but then again, we all encounter daily challenges, in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment