Monday, May 11, 2009

I want to love slings

I really do? Just to explain a little something, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I had so many slings given to me for my baby shower. Of course, I put slings on my registry list, hearing all the special benefits, it would give me and my baby. However, once I got them, I had such difficulties in putting them on. It seemed way too complicated. After going through the online tutorials, manuals, as well as cds, I pretty much gave up on slings.

As I watched other mothers sport their, really fashionable slings, I just didn't get why I couldn't figure out how to wear a sling. I truely felt like I was a little slow. Consistently, I would give it a try, only to give up again, and just feel helpless. I really wanted to reap the benefits of babywearing, for my child and I.

When I got pregnant this time around, the thought of getting a sling crossed my mind again. So I started to read endless magazines, blogs, online parenting sites, and decided that I would try babywearing again. This time around, I wanted to give it a go, without giving up. If the girl next door can easily put her baby in the sling, then I could do the same. With that mindset, I went on a search to find a sling that would be easy to wear, as well as being stylish. Then I came across Mod Mum, "baby slings for stylish modern mums."

Let me tell you, after struggling, one sling after another, it was so great to put this sling on. I did not struggle, I did not have to figure things out, it was so easy. It came with simple instructions and explained everything, step by step. Also, I learned the importance of correct sizing. If you have the wrong size, you won't be comfortable, and safety issues with the baby may arise. You can use the Mod Mum sling in three different positions: Cradle Carry (0-9months), Front Carry (2-8 months), and Hip Carry (6 months+). The sling that I got was in the Olivia print (pictured above). It is very stylish and modern, and represents the vibrant person that I am. It also has a super sleek leg padding, to add comfort to your baby, when you hip carry.

I am so glad I found Mod Mum slings. I tried it out with my daughter's life size baby doll, and had no problems. I am very happy and hopeful, that this time around, my baby and I will experience the true gift and benefits of babywearing. Please visit them at http://www.modmum.com/. Price: $38-$64

5 comments:

  1. The slings are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh nice! I have given up un slings myself. I have a 4 month old daughter so I may invest in one...she likes to be carried around rather then sitting on her carseat! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one that did not get it, when it came to slings! You have encouraged me to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really try a ring sling if you're going to give sling wearing another try. Pouch slings are pretty/fashionable, etc., but they don't hold a candle to ring slings when it comes to functionality. You can get baby in/out of a ring sling in a snap, while sleeping, without waking. You can nurse in a ring sling, you can hold baby from newborn through toddler, tummy to tummy, heads up if baby is colicky, instead of lying down - which not all newborns like. If you truly want to give sling wearing another try, for the long haul - not just for the fashion of it, I'd invest in a ring sling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like slings with the rings on them. I have fat arms and shoulders and they dig into my fat, so they are very uncomfortable. I prefer slings like the mod mum ones because they are just fabric and no metals involved.

    ReplyDelete