Monday, May 18, 2009

My daughter wants to be clean, and I need to find something now!

I like to see my daughter tidy, neat, and clean looking. But as we know, kids will be kids, and mess is something that is unavoidable. Growing up with clean freak parents, I vowed that my kids would live a free form life. For them to have fun, be themselves, and not have to care too much about the mess. Of course, I want to see them presentable, and not look, as if they have been neglected. But at the same time, I want them to enjoy being a kid.

Fortunately, my neat freak mom, has been with us, helping out with my daughter. In turn, my daughter has inherited some neat freak tendencies. For example, if there is a tiny drop of water, paint, food, or anything of that matter, she will rip off her clothes within seconds. On good days, she will have two changes, but on her bad days, we will go through 6 or 7 changes. Just a week ago, we went to a restaurant, and she dropped some water, on her top and bottom. She literally stood up on her chair, and proceeded to take off all her clothes. My husband and I, very embarrassed, had to tell her that she was stuck wearing her clothes. Let me tell you, she was not happy, and on the verge of a major tantrum.

Being the mom that I am, I had to find something that would protect my daughter's clothing, be super functional, and super stylish. I wanted something that was a mix of a bib, apron, and coverall. If I couldn't find something like that, I was going to resort to purchasing fabric at Joanne Fabrics, and having my mom, make my concoction, on her sewing machine.

I literally went from store after store. I saw some aprons, some bibs, and some really ugly garbage bag looking things. After running around, and not finding anything close to my idea, I came back home and went online. Even my internet search, was not an easy one. I probably went to around a hundred sites, before I came across my find. My find being, Dilly Dally Chic. I literally went to their site, holding my breath, hoping and praying this would be my answer.

When their page finally opened, and I saw the first photos of their bibbies, I said, "yes, this is it!" This is exactly what I have been looking for. It was a bibbie that was super functional, super wearable, and super stylish. I was pretty excited about the selections they had. The bibbies had very vintage/modern looking prints (that are reversible) and came in four different sizes. It could be worn to do artwork, to eat, to do crafts, to cook, and the list is endless. My daughter actually slept in hers. Of course, she passed out after trying to bake a cake with me, but it was comfortable enough for her to lay down and sleep in it, without any hesitation.

What I love most about Dilly Dally Chic is that it's not just a regular old bibbie. It's a bibbie with a history and family tradition. I am one to love family heirlooms, and this has been passed down for three generations, starting with their Great Grandma Donna. It's so special to know that my daughter gets to be a part of someone else's family tradition. Wearing a piece of history, a bibbie with a story, is something truely special. Of course, with each generation, they updated their bibbies to fit the times.

I am so happy to introduce to you, Dilly Dally Chic bibbies. If you're a mom like me, who doesn't want the mess or the fuss, while having the combined functionality, and maintaining your child's stylish looks, these bibbies are your answer. They have a double sided quilted fabric, to make them extra absorbent. Plus, there are 11 pattern choices, all being very cute, for either your little boy or girl. My daughter has the Sweat Pea pattern, and it is absolutely adorable and darling on her. Her bibbie being a size large, it has an added two pockets to the front, where she stores her markers, and some of her special toys in. She absolutely loves it and for the first time, she doesn't mind if water drops on her. Mission Accomplished! Price: $35 ($4 extra for Large)

When you get a Dilly Dally Chic bibbie, you are not just getting a super bibbie. You get a piece of history, and a slice of the Dilly Dally Chic family tradition. Please visit Dilly Dally Chic at http://www.dillydallychic.com/

For my readers: 20% off for the entire week. Enter code: MOMMAS20

2 comments: