Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pregnancy Awareness Month

I went to the PAM (Pregnancy Awareness Month) event yesterday. The events' focus was education, exercise, nutrition, wellness and nurture. It was a free lifestyle event for expectant mothers, as well as new parents. The event was hosted by PAM founder Anna Getty, Kelly Rutherford, and Josie Maran. On the newsletter, it said that Ricky Lake was also hosting it, however, I did not see her around.

It was a very informational event, and I was glad that I attended it. You always learn new things, be inspired, and be introduced to new ideas that help us as parents. There was a panel of experts in their own field, offering tips from healthy living, to lifestyle choices made as parents.

For the children, there was an activity area that was hosted by the Hot Moms Club. My daughter came along and she was able to draw a picture on a mock t-shirt paper, plant some sunflowers in her pot, color a backpack, and make her own bracelet. She absolutely loved it. I can actually say that, this would be the first event I attended, where they actually had great activities for children. Everyone was being taken care of, which should be central when it comes to having a healthy family.

The event also had a great amount of noteworthy vendors. Everyone from Seventh Generation, who also sponsored the event, to Dr. Greene, author of Raising Baby Green. Next to the vendors, there was a lounge set aside for Mothers to be pampered with a mini spa experience. I didn't get to try it out because I was running around doing so many other things, but what a great way for mothers to unwind a little.

For lunch, we were treated to a fresh and lite menu, provided by Celebrity Chef Domenic Catelli, author of mom-a-licious. My daughter has been developing a picky tastebud lately, and she doesn't eat anything that isn't plain. For example, she eats plain bread or plain noodles. At the event, we were served with egg salad sandwich, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and thai peanut noodles. She ate everything without ever asking me to wash the sauce out. So of course, I got the mom-a-licious book signed.

If that wasn't enough, on our way out, we were given gift bags filled with books, bottles, caps, babyfood, etc... My daughter actually sat on the ground and cried for a minute because she was not ready to leave. Usually, she's the first to drag us out of events. It was a very successul gathering. I would encourage and recommend this to any parents for next year.

For more information: http://www.pregnancyawarenessmonth.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This is Bunmi, I met you and your sister at the PAM event! You are so gorgeous pregnant! Hope to see you again- congrats to your sis on her upcoming practice :)

    ReplyDelete