Monday, May 4, 2009

Mommy wants to protect my eyes from the sun

Yes I do! After not wearing sunglasses for the longest time, myself, I had to learn about the consequences, the hard way. Of course, I was lucky enough, not to get any sort of cataracts disease, or eye related issues. However, not wearing sunglasses, I noticed my eyes squinting a lot, and sometimes, having issues of seeing things clearly. Once I invested in a good sunglass, my squinting went away, and all those days of seeing blur, were problems of the past.

After going through those problems myself, I vowed that my children would grow up wearing sunglasses. Especially living in sunny California, the sun is so strong, a sunglass is a necessity. Unless of course, you want major problems in the future. I purchased tons of sunglasses, well approximately 7, and they all, either broke, or my daughter threw out the window. She didn't like how the sides of the sunglasses were pressing onto the sides of her head.

After going through endless purchases and nothing really working, as a parent, those concerns made me want to find a sunglass that would be functional, durable, and comfortable. That's when I came across Baby Banz. A company that came up with sunglasses, with the child in mind. They were designed in Austrailia for one of the world's toughest UV environments. They have a UV400 rating (100% UVA/UVB protection). They are shatter resistant and have a durable polycarbonate construction. The strap is made of neoprene elastic, which allows for flexibility, breathability, and comfort. Plus, the side adjustable velcro allows your kids to wear it, as they grow. An "A" in my book. It also floats in water and comes in 12 cool colors. You can choose from Baby Banz (0-2 years) or Kidz Banz (2-5 years). For my fashionistas, they have "Retro Banz," which have bigger lenses, giving it a trendy twist to the original (My daughter loves this one).

My daughter wore her Kidz Banz when she went bike riding, over the weekend. At first, she thought they were regular sunglasses, and ran in circles, trying to avoid wearing them. I promised her that she would get some ice cream, if she tried it on. After I put on the sunglasses, suprisingly, she jumped on her bike and went the other way. When she came back to me, I told her I wanted to take off her sunglasses. She shook her head and said, "NO!" I said, "It's a winner!"

They have a whole bunch of other stuff, ranging from Junior Banz to Sunscreen. Please visit them online at: www.Babybanz.com

1 comment:

  1. So very cute! I like the bands, I have a fussy one, so I wanna try these out!

    ReplyDelete