Thursday, June 18, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting!

I am 35 weeks today and I am literally counting down the days. Of course, I don't want my baby to come early, but I am at that stage in the pregnancy where i feel stretched to the max in the belly, although people tell me that I look 4 months along, I do not feel attractive at all. For my body frame, which I am on a thinner side, it's a lot of weight to carry. My husband jokes that I should know how he feels on a daily basis. Not so funny, when I am dealing with a lot of frontal weight that puts a lot of pressure on the back.

My first child came at 38.1 weeks, so I feel that this next baby is going to come right around the same time or earlier. The baby has been sitting pretty low these days, head facing down, so I am literally counting down the days until it's safe for baby to make its entrance into the world. My midwife says 36 weeks is usually a safe marker, but I have been reading many sites, as well as books that says 37 weeks is when the baby fully develops its lungs. For me, the baby will come when it wants to come, so trying to be as patient as possible.

So today I am trying to just relax and think about what I will be getting my husband for Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment