Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Making it easier on you and your baby

There is a lot of controversy behind whether or not you should co-sleep with your baby. There are experts who believe that it's very natural and good for mom and baby, while others believe that there are so many dangers involved with co-sleeping. When it comes to child-rearing, everyone has an opinion of their own. As a parent, we have to make conscious choices, that best suits our needs and beliefs. When we brought my now, 3 year old daughter, home from the hospital, I decided to have her near me, and chose to co-sleep with her. Of course much thought and consideration went into my decision, but I ultimately did what felt natural to me.

For me, it was a lot easier to breastfeed her because I could just roll over and feed her instantly. Moreover, I was able to bond with her, and really take in the fact that I was a mother. Being a first time mom and being extremely exhausted, we tried the crib thing. But I thought I was going to lose it when I had so much traveling to do between my bed and the crib. It was physically draining. Just having her close to me was easier on me and the baby, and she slept really comfortably next to me.

Honestly speaking, I can also see the dangers of co-sleeping as well. We had our daughter next to me and there were a couple close calls where I almost rolled over her, but caught myself in mid-movement. I am grateful that we did not have to experience anything dangerous, but I can see how it happens. When I found out I was pregnant for the second time around, I wanted to co-sleep again, but I wanted something that would create a simple barrier between me and the baby, that would make the co-sleeping experience more safer. I went online and was able to find a great product called Co-Zee by Hisense. The Co-Zee speaks for itself, "Sleep close. Sleep Safe. Sleep tight." It's a great co-sleeping solution that let's you enjoy the benefits of co-sleeping while having the peace of mind, that your baby is safe and secure.

The Co-Zee gives total sleep protection for the baby and fits comfortably between the parents. So now your husband can also enjoy the benefits of co-sleeping. I know my husband felt a little left out the first time around because he did not have that much access to the baby, but now he can also participate. I can breastfeed the baby easily without getting out of the bed and my husband can cradle the baby throughout the night, without having to travel to the crib. I also love that it has an adjustable nighlight at the head of the co-sleeper and a tray to hold the bottle and pacifier. Plus, it is so comfortable and plush. The Co-Zee and its features really make it easier on the parents and the baby, so that more quality time is spent and making it an experience to remember rather than a tedious task at hand.

Hisense also offers many other quality baby products, but one other product that really caught my eyes were the Flow bottles. The idea behind the Flow bottles are, "A safe and simple bottle that works." The Flow is an anti-colic bottle that leaves the baby comfortable and contented. It prevents Vacuums by drawing air through the bottom of the bottle and it has a unique valve that you can test. It's easy to use, clean, and economical. More importantly, the bottles are made from high quality FDA food-grade PES plastic, and they are free of Bisphenol-A, and come with silicon nipples.

For me, I am going to try to breastfeed exclusively. However, I will have to use bottles when I have my husband, family members, and friends take care of the baby, when I am not present. At least, I will have the peace of mind that these bottles are safe and simple to use for anyone that caretakes my child.

For more information on the Co-Zee and the Flow, as well as other great products, please visit: http://www.babysafeus.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment