Monday, June 8, 2009

A Boppy does a body good!

Being pregnant, many nights I sleep very uncomfortably. No position seems to really work, and the morning after, I have an ache in my back, neck, and hips. Also, I am dealing with a full fledged sciatica that came out, immediately after I got pregnant. So as you can imagine, my body does not feel right and very uncomfortable. The only time I have to truely relax, is when I am sleeping. Even then, my body is constantly adjusting and re-adjusting positions, as the night progresses. I was pretty much fed up with my situation, and had to find an immediate solution. I had heard of body pillows for pregnant mothers from various sources, and how it helped them. So I wanted to see my options and choices.

I researched a fair amount of companies, with pillows ranging from $40-$160. Since these pillows, did not come cheap for the most part, I wanted to make sure I would go with a trusted company. I then came upon Boppy. I was first introduced to Boppy when I was pregnant with my daughter, 3 years ago. I received the Boppy pillow at my baby shower, and used it for breastfeeding purposes. I remember, it did miracles for my back and made feeding so much easier. There was a clear difference in comfortability when using the Boppy pillow. With this in mind, I looked online, and found that they had a mom line. In their mom line, they carried the Boppy Total Body Pillow. I was super excited about this find and couldn't wait to start using it. I was so desperate to relieve the pain I was dealing with when sleeping.

I finally received the Boppy Total Body pillow, and I can only say, it does my body good. For the first time, during my pregnancy, I was able to lay on my side, and the pillow enveloped my every curvature. It truely was made to go with the form of a pregnant body. The pillow had good support all around, and was super comfortable. Of course, I had to adjust my body a couple times during the night, but it was manageable, and did not mess with my sleeping rhythm. When I woke up, I did not have the aches I usually get, that run from the top of my neck to the bottom of my tailbone. I was able to wake up and immediately stand up without any issues.

Today, I put this pillow on my list of things to take to the hospital when I go into delivery. I will probably use this pillow way after I deliver, and even when I breastfeed. I am very happy that I'm finally physically comfortable. I would recommend this to any pregnant and non-pregnant person, who desires comfort at night. The pillow is easy to use and easy to wash (the slip-cover comes right on off).

Please visit Boppy at: http://www.shopboppy.com/. A simple solution to your sleeping problems. You deserve comfort when you are sleeping for two!

No comments:

Post a Comment