Monday, June 22, 2009

Being Pretty while Being Pregnant

There is one thing that I missed putting on while I was pregnant with my daughter. I hated looking down at my feet and seeing bare toe nails, they looked miserable. Living in California and wearing flip flops on a daily basis did not help. I was constantly online looking for a nail polish that was not harmful, stinky, and bad for you. However, there was no one nail polish that fit all the criterias I was looking for.

When my daughter turned 2 years old, she wanted to start painting her nails. For her, I did buy a children's polish that was child-friendly, safe, and non-toxic, however, the smell was still horrendous. I immediately threw that one away because it just made me gag.

When I found out I was pregnant for the second time, I thought about nail polishes again. I was on a mission to find "the perfect" nail polish for all women, men, children, but most importantly all my pregnant mommas. I mean it's the least we deserve while being pregnant. Sometimes that one little thing can make the biggest difference in how we feel.

I am super excited to present to you, Acquarella. Everything that I have been looking for in a nail polish and more. Acquarella is not just a nail polish, it's nail health. I can't tell you how much I fell in love with this product when I tried it out, and now, my mother and daughter are using it.

Acquarella is the only nail polish in the world that is safe, water-based, and non-toxic. Plus, it hydrates the nails, unlike conventional nail polishes that make your nails chip, peel, and yellow. It has absolutely NO ODOR! So no more gagging for me and you. More importantly, it does not contain formaldehyde, phthalates, and petrochemicals solvents of any kind. Since it is water based, it's non-flammable and free from toxic fumes, and your nails breathe. The polish is super easy to use, without the need of top and base coat and it dries very fast, in 3 minutes.

In using Acquarella, it is essential to know that preparation is key. The instructions are online, which makes it very convenient and easy to refer back to. If you have used conventional nail polishes, you have to go through a preparation cycle that helps remove many oils and emollients in the nail plate that interfere with the Acquarella polish. It's only a 4 day cycle that put your nails in optimum condition for the polish. Part of the cycle, is using the nail conditioner, as well as the remover.

The conditioner can act as a clear polish and it strengthens and moisturizes your nails. Being consistent with the line, it does not contain formaldehyde, toluene, phtalates, or petrochemical solvents of any kind. The remover is water-based as well, has no acetone, methyl acetate, or any other petrochemical solvents. Both these products are essential in the 4 day nail preparation cycle. However, for the lucky few that never uses conventional nail polishes and have hydrated nails, you can skip the 4 day cycle. But I still suggest that everyone does the preparation cycle, just for nail health.

I went through the entire preparation cycle and it was very easy. I noticed immediately that my nails looked so polished and healthy. They were shining and very healthy looking. I also liked that my nails were breathing versus the feeling of heavy polish weighing down my nails. After 4 days of giving your nails a facelift, you can pick from 22 colors to put on. I tried both the French Vanilla and the Prissy, as my nail polishes. The polishes went on thin and very clean. The French Vanilla were very close to my skin color, so it looked very clean and neutral. The Prissy popped right onto my nails and just made a bold statement of sexiness, femininity, and strength, with the hint of girliness. It took about 2 weeks for the nail polishes to gradually come off, which is quite comparable to conventional nail polishes. I used the remover to take the polishes off, and it was definitely easier than I thought it would. I rubbed my nails with the cotton cloth, and it came off without any major hassles.

I love that you can have such a great nail polish without all the hazardous ingredients that can affect your health and the environment. For all my pregnant mommas, you can definitely use these polishes, without the worries and consequences of how it may affect your unborn baby. I have already gotten a lot of compliments from friends and families. For more information on this fabulous product line, please visit: http://www.aquarellapolish.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment