Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Comfort and Safety when it comes to children!

Our place is completely covered in hardwood floors, and of course I love it because it's beautiful. However, having my daughter run around everywhere, it isn't the most practical situation. My daughter prefers sitting on the floors when she plays with toys, when she is coloring, and when she is watching her favorite movie, "Thumbelina." She will grab a cushion from our couch, and sit on top of it, so that she can be a little bit more comfortable. Sometimes that leads to her falling from side to side because the cusions are higher and curved, and do not provide for a flat surface area. It's not the safest situation to have your child in.

As a parent, you want your child to be comfortable, but mainly safe. I found a product out on the market that was made by a mom, just like me, and it addresses many of these issues. The Tuffet, is a large round cushion filled with foam beads to protect children, from falling over and possibly getting injured. There are so many things I love about The Tuffet.

I love that it is fully functional. You can use it to watch movies, play with toys, or just sit on top of it. I myself can use it to read a book or watch TV and my husband can use it to play video games. It's one of those products that is very versatile and can be used by every single family member, not just your child. It's easy to clean, just drop the cover in the washer, and it's as simple as 1-2-3. It's easy to store under you bed or in the closet, and you can easily transport it from place to place. The Tuffet comes in a variety of fabric choices, as well as colors, so you are not limited when it comes to your own personal taste.

When I got The Tuffet, it was super simple to put together. I just inserted the liner into the cover and zipped it close. My daughter was able to sit on top of it comfortably without any issues and she was already dragging it around from room to room. It was really nice to see her sit comfortably reading a book, without me constantly checking on her, to see if she was okay. She was very happy and you could tell she met her new best friend. The Tuffet also has two pockets on top, where you could put essential items, such as a remote control. However, my daughter puts her favorite little dolls in it, as their hiding place.

After I dropped her off from school, I came back home and read my new breastfeeding book, on top of it. It was very comfortable, and I was really surprised that my posture was really straight. Something about those beads, in the liner, keeps you from slouching. Had I never sat on it, I would not have known, that added benefit. A lot of items that do provide comfort, are not always the healthiest or the best for us, so it was definitely reassuring to know that my daughter would be sitting up straight while being comfortable.

I think The Tuffet is an overall great product for the whole family and can be used for years to come. It is also Mom Made which I love! Please visit The Tuffet at:www.madebyamom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment