Friday, June 26, 2009

THE Best Cupcakes EVER!


I found a local cupcake shop here in Santa Monica, Yummy Cupcakes, through Twitter, and found out that most recently they introduced a vegan line of cupcakes. I love cupcakes! Being pregnant and being severly allergic to dairy, I have been on a constant mission to find the most perfect cupcake out there. Plus, my daughter loves cupcakes too!

These beat the gourmet cupcakes that I use to eat during my dairy years before I was dragged into the emergency room to find out that I was allergic to dairy. I walked in today at 10 am, which was opening. I dropped my daughter off from preschool, and promised her that I would get her a cupcake. When I entered this cute dainty shop, there were 2 pastry chefs (who were both female, love it) and a male behind the counter who was very nice. I could tell that they loved their jobs, and they were all smiling big.

I asked what the vegan flavors were and today's flavors were a vanilla chocolate and the red velvet. The vanilla chocolate cupcakes were ready to go and the red velvet cupcakes needed another 45 minutes. So I took two vanilla chocolate cupcakes. They were $3.25 each, which is $.50 more than their regular cupcakes, but oh so worth the price, considering the big size you get. I have been known to pay more for vegan cupcakes that have been a lot smaller.
When I went into my car, I looked in the bag, and could not resist. I licked the frosting, and it was such a creamy, and sugary goodness. I took the big cupcake and took a huge bite into it. Oh My Goodnessssssss! Can I say I am in heaven? Yes. It was super moist, the right amount of chocolate, and the frosting was l-i-t-e-r-a-l-l-y icing on the cake! I literally sat there in the car and ate the entire cupcake within a couple minutes. I literally had to take my daughter's cupcake and put it on the back seat, or she would have had none.

I think I have found my match. I am always open to knew concepts, stores, etc...but I couldn't be more excited about my new found hidden gem. I liked it so much, I thought about keeping it a secret until maybe one of my favorite vegan bloggers "quarrygirl," wrote a review on them, but I felt I needed to share this surprise with all of you. So enjoy!!! Leave me one when you get there. They also have a location in Burbank, but living in Westwood, Santa Monica will be my shop. I so have to try the Red Velvet.
Yummy Cupcakes has the Mommas in the House stamp of approval.
BURBANK BAKESHOP
2918 W. Magnolia Blvd Burbank, CA 91505
818.558.1080

SANTA MONICA BAKESHOP
313 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90401
310.393.8283

2 comments:

  1. I live right around the corner from there! Didn't know they sold vegan ones! Better run over there before it sells out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is pretty interesting that they are a lot of places that you can find online in Twitter of Facebook. You can even know better the place and their next event.

    ReplyDelete