Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There are so many FIRSTS, when it comes to our children

I remember the day when my daughter first looked at me, the first time she sat up, the first time she giggled, the first time she said, "mommy",and the first time she started to crawl. Being parents, we get to experience so many firsts, that can be equally exciting and scary. As those firsts, keep coming at us, we try to do what's best for our children. Even early on, we are faced with our own "firsts," breastfeeding versus formula feeding.

As parents, we want to make the right choices for our children. We are living in a world where childhood obesity is on the rise, and more and more foods are coming out packaged, with loads of preservatives. We want to make sure that what is being put into the mouths of our children, is healthy and has nutritional substance.

Eating healthy is very important in my family. I try to feed my daughter organic foods, with lots of fruits and vegetables. I have never been a fan of juices because of the sugar content, and some are just full of empty calories. My daughter likes water and she will drink the smoothies that we make her. But ever since we started her in preschool, she has been requesting juice boxes. All of her classmates, have some sort of juice accompanying their lunches, and my daughter, has her water in her SIGG water bottle. Of course, as a parent, I don't want my daughter to be limited in her options, and want to offer her other choices. However, I want her options to have nutritional value.
After my daughter told me that she wanted a juicebox in her lunch bag, I went looking for options that would be good for her, and made for children. There are so many juices out there on the market, that are very good for you, but has exceeding amounts of vitamins, for a child's daily allowance. So I wanted a drink that was made for children. I then came across, First Juice, so appropriately named. The thing I love most, is that it has a blend of fruits and vegetables. So my daughter is able to get her vegetable servings, in with her fruit servings. One thing, I am noticing as my daughter gets older, is that she is trying to leave her veggies off her plate. I love that the vegetables are being incorporated into the juices, and my daughter doesn't really notice a difference. Plus, it is organic, lower in sugar, and even comes in a spill-proof sippy-top container.

I love that the juices come in my daughter's favorite flavors. The four flavors are: apple+carrot, banana+carrot, blueberry+purple carrot, peach+purple carrot. I was able to get all four, to try it out on my daughter. I packed the juices with her lunch, all week long, and my daughter finished each and everyone one of them. She asked me, if she could have more. I asked, what her favorite flavors were, and of course, she loved the blueberry+purple carrot juice. She loves anything blueberry, so I wasn't surprised by her answer. Just to make things a little interesting, the day after we finished her four juices, I packed a regular apple juice with her lunch. On our way home, back from school, my daughter said, "I don't want the yucky apple juice, I want the blueberry juice with the bicycle boy." She was referring to the the little boy on the bicycle, on the First Juice label. I immediately knew that it had passed my daughter's taste test.

Another thing I love about First Juice, is that they are green and safe. All First Juice® brand bottles are made of Bisphenol-A (BPA) free and phthalate-free plastic. Moreover, the bottles are recycle code #1, which is the most widely recycled plastic in the U.S. And the sippy cap bottles are re-usable. Just refill them with the 32oz refill bottles or water. Not only are you teaching your children on good eating/drinking habits, you are educating them on being green. What a great way to start shaping your child's future!

For more detailed information, as well as purchasing locations, please visit: http://www.firstjuice.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Organic products are essentially earth-friendly, sustainable and natural, not only in its entity but in production mode. Which makes safer and healthier.

    ReplyDelete