Tuesday, June 30, 2009

False Alarm!

Friday around 3:35pm: Got a severe cramp in the lower abdomen to which I could make no movement. I was stuck in one position that I could not get out of. The pain was so severe, I could not breath and could hardly talk on the phone with my friend. I called my husband to tell him that I was in a lot of pain, and thought he should come home from work. I then called my midwife and without hesitation she told me to call 911. So I called 911.

Friday at 3:50pm: Ambulance arrives and they put me on a stretcher. I am still having major abdominal issues and contractions. The paramedics ask me a whole bunch of questions and they check me to make sure the baby's head is not crowning.

Friday at 4:10pm: We arrive at UCLA Medical Center and they take me up to Labor & Delivery. The staff at Labor & Delivery and my midwife are waiting for me to make my arrival. They take me to the delivery room, and put two belts on me. One belt is for the baby's heartbeat, and the other belt is for my contractions. The baby is healthy and my contractions are crazy. You could literally see on the monitor that I was having constant strong contractions. Then the midwife checked to see my cervix and it was only at 2cm. Because my contractions were crazy, they made me do a UTI test, take a urine sample, and they checked me on the ultrasound. All the results came back negative. They checked me again before they were going to discharge me, and I was still at a 2 cm, but my contractions did not subside. They gave me a dose of vicodin after I ate dinner. The midwife came back to check on me again, and the cervix stayed the same, but there was bloody show. She told me to come back if I constantly bled.

Around 10:30pm: I was discharged and went back home. The contractions subsided and I went to bed. Everytime I woke up to use the restroom, I checked to see if there was bloody show and there was everytime, so I told my husband that we should go back to be safe.

Saturday 5am: We went back to Labor & Delivery. I told my midwife about the bloody show and a resident came in to check me. She checked my cervix and I was a good 3cm at 50% effaced. She also checked the baby on the ultrasound and everything checked out good, except one pocket of fluid was low. They sent me back home and said to come back on Sunday to get a Non-Stress Test done.

Sunday 9am: Back at Labor & Delivery for NST Test. Everything checked out fine. The fluid was a little low, but they said everything was okay and to go back to my regular midwife visit on Tuesday.

Today: Midwife appointment.

Two more days until 37 weeks, which makes me full term. Hang in there baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment