Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Irritated! Frustrated! Tired!

One thing I am not irritated about is my great midwife appointment today. She checked me, measured me, and heard my baby's heartbeat. The baby is very healthy and the heart is very strong. She measured me at 32 cm, which is good because the last visit I was at 30cm. So my midwife appointment went very well and I am 2 days from being 34 weeks pregnant.

Now let's move on to the irritated part of me, which is a huge part of me right now. For the last 3 days, I have been cleaning almost non-stop, except for the occasional pee breaks, to eat something, or to drink some water. Some may say that I am nesting, which could be true, but I really feel the need to clean our living space in tip top shape because we have a little one coming in a few weeks.

Right now, we have a lot of things in our closets, that are mostly my mother's things. She had these things in storage at one point, but eventually moved it into our closets because we had a lot of huge closets. The bad part about that was she took over, all our closets, meaning no storage for us. So for the last 3 days, I have been going through her things, and sorting it out in boxes and labeling everything. I need to make room and space for our little one and for ourselves.

I am primarily irritated because no one is helping me. My husband has one day off in the week, so he does not want to clean, on his day off. For the most part, I can understand, but if you see your pregnant wife laboring throughout the day, wouldn't you feel bad? My mom calls me and tells me about her dance classes, what restaurants she went too, and what trips she is going to take. Was there a moment where she stopped to ask, how I was doing? Especially, when I am going through her junk, and extremely frustrated over all the "stuff" she has, that she won't get rid of because she lives the label, "pack rat."

So I guess that is the summary of how I feel. I feel overworked, and under-appreciated. My dad is coming into town today from taking care of my grandmother. So my mom came by my place, before she went to pick him up from the airport. The second she set foot into my place, I lost it. I pretty much let all the "lion" in me come out. Of course, my mom defended herself, and offered to help. But, for one second it felt so good to let everything out. I felt bad afterwards, but for that one moment, it felt so empowering and free, just to let everything go.

No comments:

Post a Comment